Friday, April 17, 2009

Race Weekend and the rough roads of Kent

I'm sitting here waiting for tomorrow to come. It looks to be a fun day with watching Sarah at the Races at the Lake Series in the morning and in the evening I'll be doing the Vultures Knob OMBC in the evening. I do want to mention two confidence inspiring rides I had this week. The first was Monday the 13th, I took a trip out to Quails Hollow and did three laps all under 20 minutes on my singles speed full rigid Gary Fisher Advance. It felt good to hammer on my favorite course and full pace. The second was my 10 mile time trail course around my house. I had set up a course on my Garmin and I'm able to race my last time. First lap I did it in 34 minutes and 10 seconds. Second time out I did it in 31 minutes and 10 seconds. Thursday I completed it in 30 minutes and 49 seconds with an average speed of 18.8 mph. Next week I will try and complete it in under 30 minutes. 

I also wanted to post some pics of the rough roads of Kent. The first is the brick section near downtown kent. A short quarter mile section it's a fun road to hammer through in the big ring.


The second is really 200 meters long and is a narrow one lane rough road, reminds me of the roads of Europe and it's ends with a 90 degree turn with a slight downgrade.
Finally is the a half mile gravel road. This one gets a little more techinical because you have to follow the tire tracks to stay out of the big gravel and there's a slight uphill. Still fun to barrell down at 20 mph.



I can't wait till Cyclocross season!

1 comment:

  1. good luck at the KNOB, I should be at all the rest. what cat. are you racing at RATL on the 25th??

    ReplyDelete