Monday, May 9, 2011

Rip Wouter Weylandt

I'm sure all the follow professional cycling are feeling the same thing that I'm feeling. A deep sadness and emptiness after hearing of the tragic crash of Wouter Weylandt. It's a stark reminder of the dangers that we face every day we sling our legs over our top tube. Yes we take our precautions and we ride as safely as we can. But everyday we take our lives into our hands, and it's days like these that remind us how lucky we are.

My heart goes out to his family, teammates and friends. I'm sure their hearts are heavy with the lose of a loved one. I can only fathom what they must feel, along with the entire peloton, who must get on their bikes tomorrow and ride again. He will be remembered for his kind heart, and his sacrifices for his teammates. Today, was a dark day for professional cycling and may he rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment